Dating apps have become increasingly popular in recent years. A quick Google search will show that there are dozens of dating apps available, catering to different demographics. So, who uses dating apps? And why do they use them? In this blog post, we’ll take a look at some interesting statistics about dating app users.
Young people are the most likely to use dating apps
A study conducted by Pew Research Center found that 24% of Americans ages 18-to-24 use dating apps. This is compared to just 12% of Americans aged 25-to-34, and only five percent of those aged 35-to-44.
This data supports other research which has found that young people are more likely to use technology for social purposes, including staying in touch with friends and family, than older adults.
So if you’re looking for love on a dating app, it’s most likely that you’ll find it among other young people. But no matter your age, there’s someone out there for everyone – so don’t give up hope! Who knows, your perfect match could be just a few.
Men are more likely than women to use dating apps
- 66% of men have used a dating app at some point, compared to just over half (52%) of women.
- Men are more likely than women to say they use these platforms for casual hookups (32% vs. 26%).
- But men and women alike also say they use them to find committed relationships or marriage partners (29% vs. 23%).
- And while younger adults are more likely than older ones to say they use these platforms for casual hookups, this behavior is still relatively common among older adults as well. Some 29% of Americans ages 18 to 29 say they’ve used a dating app at least once, compared with 23% of those ages 30 to 49 and 12% of those 50 and older.
- At the same time, a small minority of Americans say they find committed relationships or marriage partners on these platforms. Some 23% of Americans who have used online dating say they have found a spouse or long-term relationship via these sites, compared with 21% of Americans who haven’t tried online dating.
People who live in large cities are more likely to use dating apps
Dating apps are most popular with people who live in large cities. This is likely because people who live in large cities have a larger pool of potential matches to choose from. Additionally, people who live in large cities are more likely to be single than people who live in small towns or rural areas. People who have recently been divorced or widowed are more likely to use dating apps.
College graduates are more likely to use dating apps than those without a college degree
This is according to a new study by the Pew Research Center, which found that 29% of adults with a college degree or higher use dating apps, while only 14% of adults without a college degree use them. The study also found that 42% of all online daters have used dating apps.